What Can You Expect From Coaching?
Rather than it just being about achieving goals or attaining targets, it was also about me finding my essence and bringing my gifts forward. [...] It is a true gift to feel like someone’s on your team, in service of your growth, success and transformation.
Vancouver Island Client
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as "partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential". Experience shows that coaching partnerships can be a powerful tool for producing results and supporting you in transforming your life.
Do I Need A Life Coach?
Why You Deserve Coaching
Not everyone goes through life thinking they need a life coach. Many people only search for one when they feel that things are going wrong and they need support.
But it's remarkable what can be achieved by a talented high performer who partners up with a powerful, skilled coach. Unimaginable levels of success and fulfillment can be reached no matter where you are in life.
Most North Americans work for the majority of our lives so that we can invest, retire, and be comfortable, safe, and secure until death. The problem is that this end goal creates a level of comfort and security that can kill growth, innovation, and new possibilities. There's no point in putting up with routine (sometimes even misery) only to exchange it for monotony.
Instead of mechanically working, investing money, and dying, you can love your work, invest in the people around you, and live every day experimenting with something new.
Whether you're a leader, a go-getter, or just really want to learn what kind of gems are still hiding inside of you, growth and change is always possible — but they can be difficult to achieve alone. As thinking beings, we often get trapped inside our own heads.
That's why everyone deserves a life coach. Professionally trained to bring out the best in people, coaches provide an objective outside opinion and are always behind you 100%. Experience, guidance, support and challenges are all rolled up in one package aimed at helping you become your best self.
How To Choose A Life Coach
Your life, dreams, and what you value about yourself is intensely important. Because of this, the connection between you and your coach is equally important — if you aren't an ideal fit for each other, you won't be able to achieve your best.
When deciding on a coach, you'll want to meet and get a feel for each other before committing to a coaching partnership. Some things you'll want to remember and keep an eye out for:
- You should create a close, intimate connection with a coach who challenges your thoughts and patterns while holding you as perfect as you are, with nothing to fix. For this reason I suggest meeting with at least three coaches before choosing, and if you feel you are a good fit then go for it!
- You should feel at ease in your first few meetings, and the experience should be a relatively surprising one, especially if you're new to coaching.
- Discovery and sample sessions, like any coaching conversation, are intended to meet you exactly where you're at. Because of this, coaching conversations can be intentionally provocative. Your coach should always remain present and check in with you throughout your conversation.
- On the other hand, your initial conversation may just be to discover your "what for" again! Be willing to share how you feel about yourself at that moment, be open to the experiences your coach proposes, and speak frankly with them. Coaching relationships can last a long time, so honesty about yourself and where you want to be will make sure you start off on the right foot.
- Remember that who you work with and when you start coaching is always your choice.
How Life Coaching Works
Trying out the coaching experience with Brisance is easy and low obligation:
- Schedule a Discovery Session with Wade to say hello and get to know each other, and/or a longer Sample Session to experience what coaching is like. Both are totally free.
- Sessions can be conducted remotely via video call (Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, etc.) or by phone. 1-on-1 in-person sessions may be possible if you live in or near southern Vancouver Island in BC.
- Discuss with Wade how you might work together as a team over the next several months to achieve your goals, expand your life, improve your professional situation, and/or bring out your absolute best. If you're interested in executive or team coaching, have a conversation exploring the needs of your organization. Wade can offer team workshops and individualized keynote speeches.
- If you think you're a good fit, a coaching agreement will be drawn up outlining the details of your partnership for the next six, nine, or twelve months. Fees will vary depending on your requirements. Monthly and/or lump payments can be made by credit card, cheque or etransfer.
- To renew a coaching agreement is always your choice. Because at times coaching can bring up your ’stuff’ it is typical to want to quit at some time, and go back to what you know as safe and comfortable. To support you through this period, you are asked to pay the first and last month up front
- If you decide you're not a good fit during the initial meeting, you've still experienced a rewarding conversation about your dreams, and may have a better idea of what to look for in your next coach.
- There's no cost, no obligation, and no pressure. You can opt out at any time. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.
Some Goals To Bring To Your Meeting
There's a huge value to knowing what your purpose is and understanding it.
One of the main goals of a life coach is to explore and support your deepest purpose. There's a huge value to knowing and understanding your purpose, as it can influence everything you do in life.
You and your coach can discover your true purpose during your first meeting if you take a look at which of these goals you've already completed, and which you want to achieve:
- Creating a clear vision and mission of how you want to live your life.
- Knowing exactly what you need to do, and being inspired by your own goals, possibilities, and legacy.
- Gaining insight and knowledge that will enable you to help those you care about most.
- Knowing how and what to do to feel safe and secure.
- Establishing how to go from "good" to "great".
- Changing careers or a relationship that's not working.
- Being able to positively manage stress and pressure, both at work or on a personal level.
- Knowing you have someone who cares about you and who will keep you accountable and on track with your life's journey.
Together with Wade, you'll have the confidence and skills you need to achieve these important goals and life changes, with a coach who listens carefully, respects your confidentiality, and can help you develop plans and a process to reach your full potential, both personally and professionally.