Meet Coach Wade Smith
If you want to start living the life you've always dreamed of, Wade is the guy you want on your team.
Wade Smith grew up in northern Saskatchewan and joined the Canadian Forces Reserves in 1991. He spent several years first deployed to Croatia and then as a Combat Engineer in the Regular Force army, working with explosives, combat diving, and parachuting. In 2000 he transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy and served as a Clearance Diver with the Pacific Fleet Diving Unit, performing deep sea bomb disposal and instructing new divers. From 2009-2010 he led a bomb disposal team in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, and by the time of his military retirement in 2015 he had earned multiple commendations and accolades, including the coveted Order of Military Merit.
But despite these accomplishments, Wade always felt like something was missing during his time in the military. Year after year was spent anxiously awaiting the next vacation or spot on a podium, but they only resulted in short bursts of happiness and excitement that quickly faded. Over time, it started to seem like that was just the way things were, and how they would continue to be in the future.
Shortly before Wade's military retirement, a close friend of his introduced him to Accomplishment Coaching, a highly esteemed coaching organization known around the world for excellence in ontological ("being") coaching and leadership training. Wade signed up for their year-long Coaches' Training Program, only to have the program save and transform his life.
Working closely with an ontological life coach, Wade developed a support team and had his heart cracked wide open in the process. He learned to take ownership of his issues, step out of the "blame game", and move away from ego towards humility, service, and integrity. Shifting from "hard-assery" to "bad-assery", he learned to love himself again and rediscover his capacity for forgiveness, vulnerability, gratitude, and courage from within.
Now living on Vancouver Island, Wade is incredibly passionate about life coaching and how it empowers people by leading them to a place of being whole, complete, and awesome. He loves partnering with amazing individuals to identify and remove roadblocks, take ownership, discover possibilities, and love life!
You're invited to partner with Wade to discover your own fulfillment and awaiting possibility. Combine bold, authentic living with joy, success, heart, and being in the moment. Be courageously who you are at your core, in your essence.
Let's design the life you want to live.
- Graduate of Accomplishment Coaching Coach and Leadership Training
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Communication
- Candidate in Master of Arts in Global Leadership
- Member of the International Coach Federation (Vancouver Island Chapter)
- Commander in Chief's Unit Commendation: For bold actions taken by the soldiers committed to stopping the horrific ethnic cleansing within the Medac Pocket region of Croatia.
- Operational Command Commendation: For developing new ways to reduce IED (improvised explosive device) casualties.
- Member of the Order of Military Merit at Rideau Hall: A Canadian Order presented to no more than 0.001% of the Canadian Forces by the Governor General of Canada, based upon an entire career of distinction and exemplary dedication to service. One of the youngest recipients of that year to be so honoured.
- Canadian Army 'Mountain Man' Competition: First place winner.
- Recognized by elite Military Diving Teams: For leadership and coaching, including teaching blended style learning to help elite divers achieve mission-critical goals, and coaching nationally recognized initiatives regarding each diver's mental, physical, and nutritional health.
Volunteer Work & Memberships
Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.
Hall of Fame Coach
- Founding member of the Victoria ProCity Cycling amateur racing team
- Fundraising and awareness for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Coordinator of the Navy Diver Turkey Run (fundraising for the Westshore Christmas Hamper Food Bank)
- Past president of the Cowichan Valley Breakers Summer Swim Team
- Past Sports Liaison Representative for the Shawnigan Lake School Parents Association
- VP of membership for Toastmasters International Club 950
- Piloted a men's group called "Men On Fire" to address and have real conversations about masculinity
- Has competed at the Triathlon World Championships, Ironman Canada, and the Canadian Death Race
- Senior deck official for swim competitions
- Previous member and Friend of Rotary International and the Canadian Legion